- 331 confirmed cases of H1N1 (swine flu) in eleven countries worldwide, with ten deaths in only one country. More people have died of leprosy in the United States alone than have died of H1N1 worldwide. So what’s the fuss?
- I think making a pregnant woman put on socks should be added to the list of indignities no human should have to endure.
- We may watch too much Fox News at our house. Every time my mackerdoodle sees G. Gordon Liddy, she says “gold.”
- When my sister was as pregnant with her fourth child (Bess) as I am now with my cheesedoodle, she flew from the East Coast of Canada, to the West Coast of Canada with three small children, the youngest of which (Pigeon) sat on her lap the entire time. She is a better woman than I am.
- Last night I got frustrated for a moment and unleashed a bit of that frustration on a poor peon working a cash register. When I went back and apologized he actually didn’t know what to do. I think it’s a sad commentary on our society that our service sector receives so few apologies, they don’t know how to handle it. Maybe if we were better customers we’d end up with better customer service.
- I just turned on the air conditioning in my classroom and all of my students grabbed their jackets. Is it hot in here, or am I just pregnant?
May 1, 2009