So my life is a little hectic right now, what with a three week old son who decided that he’d like to try being cranky for the last three days, an almost two year old who just graduated to a big girl twin sized bed (Thanks to the Montgomerys for the mattress and Elizabeth for the box spring – although we wish you didn’t have to move!) and thinks it means she doesn’t have to nap as long in the afternoon, and a continued need to keep my house on the verge of showable – even though NO ONE has looked at it for WEEKS.
Here are some random things I’ve wanted to blog about:
- Cheesedoodle had his two week check-up this Monday. He’s gained a pound and three ounces in two weeks! I guess I don’t have to worry about my milk supply! He also had blocked tear ducts that were making his eyes give off this gunky yellow stuff. Two days with the antibiotic ointment and he’s non-gunky! Yay.
- One evening this week the mackerdoodle walked past the T. V. on her way to bed while Jonathan was watching an X-men movie. She saw Wolverine and pointed to him and said “Daddy.” Jonathan’s chest unpuffed a few days later.
- I got on the scale this morning and I’m going to tell you it wasn’t pretty, but it was better than I expected. I’ve already dropped 20 pounds since delivering the cheesedoodle, but I think those were the easy 20. I’ve got another 15 to lose to reach my pre-pregnancy weight, and that was already 30 pounds heavier than I wanted to be. But I’m going to take it one step at a time and aim for the fifteen first.
- Ever since my parents left, the mackerdoodle has been asking for PapaNana multiple times daily. We have been telling her that they went home to Canada. A few days ago she looked at me and said, “Nana?” and then shook her head and said, “No. Cada.” I got tears in my eyes.
- We’ve got three people in on the 12 week weight loss challenge so far. Anyone else in?