So Marianne tagged me in a survey on facebook with the caveat that “It Be Long.” She wasn’t kidding, but as I don’t usually post on the weekends this was something I could do in advance and pre-post. So here goes:
1. What is your name? Coralie Anne Cowan
2. Are you named after anyone? Whom? No. My parents’ just liked the name.
3. Were you a planned pregnancy? Yes.
4. Did you have a good childhood? Yes. Pretty much I grew up in Leave it to Beaver.
5. What is your fondest childhood memory? Supper time. Not any specific supper time, just all the thousands of nights we ate together around the table.
6. Have you ever ridden on an airplane? Yes. Quite a bit. Not really fond of flying, but I do it.
7. Do you have any special talents? I don’t know how to answer this. I think I write decently. I’m getting better at cooking. People like my cookies.
8. What is your favorite holiday? New Year. There are no obligations, no expectations, no decorations, no drama. Love it.
9. If you found out you had 24 hours to live, what would you do? Seriously? Sit in my living room and hug my kids and my husband.
10. Are you in love? Completely
11. Are they in love with you? He tells me he loves me at least twice each day, usually more.
12. What kind of car would you get if you could have it totally free of charge? Oh man. Just “free car” is enough, as long as it has enough room for three kids, and their assorted stuff. Oh, and groceries.
13. Who is your favorite singer/band? Probably David Crowder. Or the Arrogant Worms.
14. What is your favorite movie? Willow, or maybe Independence Day. Possibly LOTR. Stargate was excellent. I just like movies.
15. What is your favorite TV show? Right now it’s Castle. I think.
16. What is your dream in life? To be published.
17. How many pillows do you use? 1, if any at all.
18. What do you wash first in the shower? My hair
19. What brand of shampoo do you use? Suave.
20. What kind of perfume/cologne do you wear? I’m lucky to get a shower every day. Who has time or money for perfume?
21. Do you have names picked out for your future children (if you are having any(more))? No. We tend to pick a name immediately after the 20 week ultrasound. I guess we’ll have on picked by the end of December.
22. Who is your hero? Anne Bradstreet. The Puritans in general. Katarina von Bora Luther. The Shunamite woman (2 Kings 4)
23. What is your biggest regret in life? Dating in High school
24. What is the longest amount of time you have been at the same job? I taught for four years.
25. Look to your left…name three things within your reach: There is nothing on my left. I’m right handed. Three things on my right are: the remote, a mug that formerly held abuelita hot chocolate and my cell phone.
26. Do you use a desktop or laptop computer? lap top
27. When is the last time you had your teeth cleaned? I brushed them this morning. Isn’t that what you want to know?
28. What is your favorite outdoor activity? Playing with my kids.
29. What is your favorite color? Green, or brown.
30. What is your favorite clothing brand? hand me down.
31. What is your favorite kind of soup? Oh man. So many good soups, but right now it would have to be Pioneer Woman’s Cauliflower Soup.
32. Name five people you can say ANYTHING to: I don’t know. My sister, my husband, Sherri, Jawan, God. Not in that order.
33. What did you want to be when you grew up? An actress. A famous one. Julia Roberts type famous.
34. Are you what you wanted to be? No. Praise the Lord for that!
35. Do you turn off the water while you brush your teeth? Sometimes. I get distracted a lot right now. I’m proud when I get the teeth brushed.
36. Are you a good speller? For the most part.
37. Where would you go on your “dream” vacation? I don’t know! There are too many places to see in the world!
38. Do you know anyone that has or has died from HIV? Yes.
39. If you could only watch one TV channel for the rest of your life, what channel would you choose? SciFi. Hands down.
40. Who would you like to see participate on Dancing with the Stars? I’ve never watched that show. Oh, wait, I might watch if Neal Boortz and Karl Rove were on it. Not dancing together obviously.
41. What was your best subject in school? Drama. See #33.
42. How old were you when you had your first kiss? 13. TOO YOUNG!
43. Name one of the DUMBEST things you did as a child: Oh good grief. I guess replaced flour with water in a chocolate cupcake recipe and boiled cupcakes.
44. Where is your favorite place to be kissed? At the front door, on the way out, or first thing coming in. What? That’s what the question asked, right?
45. What is your favorite smell? Freshly cut Sawdust or the smell of the air just before it snows.
46. Have you been drunk in the last month? Uh no. 15 weeks pregnant! Actually, I haven’t ever been drunk.
47. What is your favorite alcoholic beverage? Mike’s hard lemonade. I know. Cheap.
48. What is your favorite non-alcoholic beverage? Diet Coke.
49. What is your favorite video game of all time? Civilization III
50. What was the scariest time/event/moment of your life? When I was working at a bank and was robbed. Actually the night *after* we were robbed was scarier. The robbery itself went so quickly I didn’t have time to be scared.
51. What is the wallpaper on your cell phone? My kids from 13 months ago. I’ve got to update that.
52. What is the main ringtone on your cell phone? Whatever comes free with the phone.
53. You win $100,000 in the lottery…what is the first thing you buy? Three and a half years of seminary tuition.
54. You find a wallet on the ground at the grocery store – there is no ID of any kind – it contains $500 in cash – what do you do with it? I’d go into the store and have them page to see if anyone lost a wallet. But seriously, why would a wallet have cash and no ID?
55. You are on vacation in Brazil. 2 men offer you $25,000 to smuggle a pound of heroin across the border – do you do it? HaHAHAHAHAHA! Uh no.
56. What TV show do you watch that you would rather not advertise to everyone (guilty pleasure)? I don’t really have one. I mean, all I get is broadcast TV and PBS.
57. Do you cry easily? only when I’m pregnant. Then I become a tear fountain.
58. What is your favorite restaurant? Chick-Fil-A of course!
59. If a movie was being made about your life, who would you want to play the part of YOU? Um, me. See #33.
60. Are you superstitious? Of course. We all are. I say stupid things like, “Don’t tell people our kids are good eaters. You’ll jinx it.”
So these things are usually accompanied by a tag to another blogger. I tag Betsy and Suzanne, because they don’t blog enough (although Betsy did just post three posts in a day) and Jawan and Becky K. because really ladies, you have too much time on your hands and should be filling it. 🙂