Here is a snapshot glimpse into the life of the Cowan family right now:
- Classes begin again on the 27th of January, and Jonathan is part of a grand opening team at a new Chick-Fil-A the first week of February. Right now he has a raging cold and is praying he’ll be healthy to hit his full plus schedule.
- Today the mackerdoodle woke up with a runny nose and sneezes. The cheesedoodle has bags under his eyes and brought me the ear drops just before lunch. I know this is the way of winter. I’m spraying all surfaces with disinfectant and pouring boiling water on the toothbrushes and praying I’ll be spared.
- I have to do a three hour blood glucose test next Monday to test for gestational diabetes. Ugh.
- Nesting has hit, and now that I’m in the midst of it, I remember the same thing happening at the same time with my other two. In my first two trimesters I feel sick and tired and miserable and I say things like, “That’s it. I can’t do this again!” Then I get 6 – 8 weeks of crazy nesting energy. Yesterday I washed cabinets and walls and mopped floors and did laundry. I think the Braxton Hicks contractions beginning at 5:30 pm running until 9:30 pm was my body telling me to chill for a second. I’m back at it today, because the sight of every part of my house is driving me crazy.
- Yesterday the mackerdoodle asked me why my stomach was squishy and squashy. “Does that mean snickerdoodle is squishy and squashy?” she asked. Maybe a gestational diabetes diet wouldn’t be so bad for me.
- I got 100 prints from Snapfish for .99 (total, not each) so we ordered new years cards. They arrived yesterday and now they are sitting on my dishwasher taunting me that I have to mail them. During the nesting induced B-H contractions tonight I’ll write a letter to go with them. I wonder how many envelopes I have in the stationary box?
Well, now I’ve got to get back to the house. That grout in the bathroom won’t scrub itself.